This project was to refocus the site on a particular target audience while modernising the technical foundation of the website and making it more future-proofed. The site now includes a blog, it is better optimised for SEO and the whole site loads faster than the previous version. The new site is a much better reflection of the professionalism and focus of Ox Designers.
The purpose of this redesign and rebuild was two-fold.
Firstly, Emma of Ox Designers, wanted the site to focus more on her primary target audience of STEM companies. Secondly, the WordPress theme had not been updated in a while and the plugins it depended on could not be updated. This was a security risk and lead to a loss of confidence in the theme and its future so it needed to be replaced.
Emma designed the site, wrote additional content and decided to include a blog on the website and wrote a number of posts.
Our job was
- to provide advice on web design (in particular for smaller screen devices)
- select a WordPress theme which would, as far as possible, be future-proof
- migrate existing content
- rebuild the site in the best technical way, taking careful account of SEO factors throughout.
As always, we carried out a thorough testing phase, carefully managing issues we uncovered, correcting these and retesting.
Following completion of the testing phase, we moved the new site live. We then went through the post-implementation checklist covering appearance, function and performance. There were no issues and we were satisfied that pages loaded in less than 3 seconds on a reasonable connection with most pages loading in around 1 second.
Another successful project outcome.
Ox Designers now have a fast, secure modern website that works well on screens of all sizes which is much more focussed on the primary target audience of the business.
Can I just say Roger Knight is brilliant. We have just spent the last two months shaping and building the new Ox Designers website together. This process basically looked like:
- me giving Roger a broad-brush overview
- Roger saying yes to some things, and then ‘have you thought about doing it this way?’ to all the other (most) bits
- Roger creating a detailed plan for implementation
- Roger recording every job action on an interactive project platform
- plus advising me on SEO
- and putting a slick site together that does my new brand message justice
Development, testing and implementation.